Fossil Q Commuter Smartwatch Not Working (SOLVED)
Fossil Q Commuter is a Hybrid smartwatch that offers great features and a premium stylish look.
But sometimes it offers a pairing problem with the phone or your paired watch won’t sync on its own.
Well, as frustrating as it could be but it is not that much a big problem most of the time. If you are facing these issues just follow the steps given below and you will be good to go.
For example in my case the Step 4 worked for me.
1- To ensure that your device is properly set up. Follow the steps down below-
- You are first supposed to install the Fossil Hybrid application on your phone. It can be easily installed from the Google PlayStore or from the Apple AppStore.
- To put the watch in pairing mode, press and hold the middle button for about 5 seconds. The watch will vibrate 3 times and the watch’s hand will animate.
- The application will walk you through the process of connecting and setting up your hybrid smartwatch. You can set up button functions from the application and get the most of your smartwatch by exploring the application.
2- Your watch may not be close enough to your phone.
According to Fossil the range of the wireless Bluetooth connection between your phone and Hybrid Smartwatch can vary depending on the environment. In general, you should have at least 10 meters (roughly 30 feet) of connectivity. So make sure your phone and your Q commuter smartwatch are placed close to each other.
3- Bluetooth may be disabled on your phone.
The application will notify you that Bluetooth is not turned on and will ask if you to turn it on. Try enabling Bluetooth on your phone using the phone’s Bluetooth settings. If it is already enabled, try turning Bluetooth off and on again.
4- Your smartwatch's battery might be low.
Well, it might be the case because no one knows how old manufactured your watch is. So if it does not respond when you press the middle button for 5 seconds then it might be the possibility that your watch is out of battery.
Well luckily Q Commuter uses a replaceable battery so you can buy a CR 2430 Lithium battery which can be easily found at most retailers where batteries are sold.
Face the truth
So you did everything that you could do to your Fossil Q Commuter smartwatch. Now if the watch doesn’t work, it’s time to accept defeat and take it to a professional and see if it can be repaired or not.
Pro tip-> Try to visit at least two professional service stores
1) The official company’s service center
2) Local Professional service center
The company’s service center will repair your smartwatch in the majority of the cases but for some, it will cost hefty(for critical damage), so you should visit the local service center as they may have those spare watch parts that are required in your case and thus they would charge less money.
Hey, why are you leaving?
Your review is precious to us. So if you feel like telling us anything about this article feel free to convey your views down below.
Got a tip for us? Contact us here Our team will connect to you shortly.